Since I was young, I have always loved to travel. I think it stems from when I lived in South Africa when I was just 5 years old. I grew up there going on Safaris and seeing the Zulu culture. When I was at school I went on an amazing trip to Romania for aid work following the reign of Ceausescu. During University I worked in North Carolina for 3 months, and this was followed by 6 weeks in Russia and China on graduation.
I have since travelled to many parts of Europe, Africa and Asia. I’m currently staying on the island of Malta, where I hope to spend some time in Valetta (on the list!) There are still many cities that I haven’t been to yet, so it’s time to make a plan!
Here is my list of ten cities that I will be visiting in the next 5 years!
You can read more about my travels on my travel blog Globetrotter Guru. Also, if you are interested in becoming a digital nomad and earning money online as you travel, I recommend that you sign up to be a freelancer on People Per Hour.
- Tokyo – For the technology, temples and sushi! Also preferably with a mini excursion to Kyoto.
- Bangkok – I love Buddhas, so I will definitely be visiting the golden Buddha and Emerald Buddha in Bangkok.
- Mostar – This beautiful Bosnian city, famous for the Mostar Bridge, is on my list to combine World War history with its natural beauty.
- Sydney – I would love to go to Australia and my friend Cindy is there to show me around!
- Mexico city – Preferably for Day of the Dead!
- Ostrava – I’m hoping to go to TBEX Ostrava (travel bloggers conference). The capital of Prague dominates Czech tourism, but I’m looking to raise awareness of some of the second cities that will open themselves to tourism.
- Valetta – The capital of Malta and a film destination for Game of Thrones. I’m very excited to visit this country at the end of March.
- Havana – Definitely need to see Cuba as soon as possible, and do a bit of Salsa while I’m there 🙂
- Bogata – I’m hearing amazing things from other travel bloggers who have visited Colombia, and I met a fabulous friend in Istanbul who could show me around this amazing city.
- I’m still thinking of my number 10! Please comment below to help me with ideas. I’m wanting it to be another African or South American city 🙂
What about you? Which cities must you see in the next 5 years?